Thursday, October 28, 2010

mid week mumblings

I am here and  still kickin,  just been busy with midterms as well as two papers for school plus all the assigned work for it all. To think I am  paying for this giant headache sometimes boggles my mind.


The gardens are looking really nice since we finally got a nice rain  over the last few days. While much of the country was being blown around by Mother we  had a few mild storms, some decent but not crazy winds, and a couple few inches of rain. We also lost  power twice for a total of nine hours in two days. I swear we lose power more  than any other person I know. Good thing we are used to it or we  would be in a constant state of panic thinking the world had ended or something.

Anywho, I am working on a garden update now that I have school back under control and hopefully will get back on track with  posting. After spending 6 or so hours near everyday typing and turning my brain into goo pouring over research, the last thing I really feel like doing is typing. Besides, after having to write academically for all those hours, it takes my brain a little while to adjust back in to dilli talk. Me writing a blog post in academic language would make everyone think  I had been kidnapped and replaced  with an educated clone n we can't be having that!

Last weekend  manthing and I attended a small internet get to gather of forum  members on a board we participate in.  As always it was interesting  and I came away with a couple goodies from the little trade alley that we had. I as per usual had eggs by the dozens and various veggies out of the gardens to swap. The "mondo pods" aka  North Ga roasters  were a big hit and even had their very own photo session. In return I got  a few jars of pear preserves and  a very cool piece of a  quilt that I am going to find a cool use for. The piece is not  one piece of cloth but each piece is a replica of  all the others  cut from separate cloth and then sewn together to make this design. The picture does not do it justice, but it is quite a beautiful   piece of art in itself. Would love to see the quilt when it is  finished. I love quilts and have even made a few  simple ones, I do not however have the patience required to make anything like this.
Leaves   were considered at peak just two days after we were up   on Fort mountain.  Here on the land, I figure the first of next week will be our peak. It sure is pretty even though the colors are sort of muted this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment