I got the manthing to hold me a pillow case open so that I could stuff the dried plants into it. I then closed the end of the pillow case and walked on it for a few minutes, turning it a few times to be sure I got all the seed pods broke open. When I was done I opened it up and threw out the stalks and picked out the large pieces of chaff. I then cornered all the seed in the pillow case and then poured it into a cup and then set about winnowing it so that I would end up with cleaner seed.
Once This was done I poured the seeds in to plastic seed baggies and labeled them. From the 6 plants that I saved for seed I got about a half cup of seeds. This will go a long way in our gardens in the coming years.