Wednesday, August 11, 2010

around the homestead-braiding onions-sorta, kinda

No I have not disappeared, just been  busy, and  had a computer meltdown last week. Once I got that replaced on  Saturday I had  to play catch up with school work  and deal with all the hassle of setting up a new computer. Now I just need to get my pictures off the old computer so that I can do a garden update. I could just take more pictures now, but  things are starting to really  get sorry looking after over a month of next to no rain.

Anywho...

Wow, I had no clue how difficult it was  to braid  onions until today and after the  mess I made , I doubt I will ever attempt to braid them again!  I have never actually seen anyone braid them in person and was going by a couple of tutorials that I had run across online , needless to say I did not do a very good job of it and  after a while just started tying them on. I think I would have done a better job had I had a human here to show me the basics of it.

I think I will just put the  rest of them  in some spare mesh bags that I have around. It made my hands hurts and  the semi dry stalks tore my cuticles all up. Me complaining about something tearing my hands up is  BAD, as I have some of the ugliest fingers  I have ever seen a female have. They also make a really BIG mess while you  are braiding them up. Anyone that has a real house  would be better off doing them outside if you try this. I did it on the floor  inside  and this is the mess I had when i was done .

The tutorials I used  to guide me in my epic failure  are  here  and here.

1 comment:

  1. You're saying it was an epic failure, it actually looks pretty good to me. Never braided onions before myself, and I'm not sure I ever will. After what you said, bags sound pretty good to me... :-)

    ReplyDelete