Tuesday, September 7, 2010

fall planting

Yesterday, I thought I finished planting all the fall crops with the exception of the GH. This morning, I went out to find that the small black dog used one of the newly planted beds as his dust bath/bed last night. In a little while, I will have to go and fix his mess and reseed  it. So much for trying to get it all done yesterday so that I could dedicate today to doing school  work.

Any who, here are some of the photos of the fall beds and what is in them. While I say I am done planting, I will likely keep on planting in  some of the small beds as they get cleared of summer crops. 
carrots,greens, lettuce, radishes, parsley, cilantro
peas
carrots
peas, spinach and greens (under the okra)
green onions, spinach and assorted lettuce
broccoli, cabbage, onions and assorted greens
turnips, that  I now need to reseed ..thanks  to small black dog

3 comments:

  1. it's hard work growing most all your food! you have a great looking garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! I had that problem in the spring with "giant white dog" who likes to roll and dig in the soft, tilled dirt.

    Looks like you are going to have a great fall garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheryl, I cant say as i really blame the dogs.. if i could get away with rolling in the soft tilled dirt I would too.. and i do hope it turns into a great fall garden

    ReplyDelete