Monday, January 17, 2011

trying to get in the mood...seed ordering

I am having a terribly difficult time getting the garden spirit this year. Perhaps it is gardening year round that is taking the excitement and fun out of plotting and scheming this years gardens. Maybe it is the piles of snow that are still everywhere and refusing to melt. I am not sure what it is but I know I don't like it. Heck, up until yesterday I had not even bothered to look at a seed catalog. Truthfully, I still haven't because I came to the conclusion that I didn't need to.

I am trying to grow more of what we readily eat rather than fancy and fun stuff. It is not that I do not like fancy n fun stuff to grow but we are trying to keep things simple and basic. Besides, after sorting through my seeds the other day, I discovered I had A LOT of seed stock and was beginning to look like a hoarder and would probably be in our own best interest to use some of the older stuff up. If I was to sit and thumb through the pretty catalogs, I would end up ordering more stuff that I do not need just because I thought it was neat. What I did do was order a few things from an online company and will source any others I decide I need to have locally and hopefully I can swap a few seeds to satisfy my fun and fancy fetish.

Last year I acquired some seed from hometown seeds. After having very good success with the seed I grew from them, I decided to use them for my seed this year. Prices are good, customer service is great, and they use non gmo seed sources. I also discovered that if you like their facebook page you can get a code to receive a 10% discount on any order placed by the end of January. If you are looking for a seed source give them a gander. You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment