Monday, May 30, 2011

monday's mountain musings





My hands are rather sore from pulling wires through woven bags and metal lath for the last few days so just a quick update from the weekend. It did not go as planned but do they ever? We did, however, get a fair bit accomplished and with another couple days we can get the goat shed completed. I will do a much bigger write up on it all but not tonight since I am absolutely starved and pretty tired. I love kids but dang they wear this ol gal out and I am always glad to see them go home n have my quiet, dramatic free life back. Be warned, every structure we have ever built looks incredibly crooked in pictures. I don't know if its illusion or perhaps I always have the camera at a slight angle and though things may be a tad out of square, they are not nearly as bad as the pictures look.

7 comments:

  1. Don't look crooked to me.. it looks pretty nifty to me. I'm looking forward to seeing it done and dusted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, maybe it is just us that are seeing it as crooked from standing in and around it.. sort of like when wallpapering and only you can see the little imperfections that stick out like a sore thumb n noone else notices :).. i cant wait either to get it done to move on to the next project.. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so I have a dumb question....what is this you are building?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could be there when you cover it with what ever that crud is. You doing that this week?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hoping to yep..finished the mesh this morning and ol man got the roof close to finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. those goats will be extremely happy!

    ReplyDelete